We have an opening for a Product Designer/Manager with at least 3 years industry experience ideally within the bike industry or in similar product design/management role.
Our company has been involved in the bike industry for 20 years. Originally working in the BMX market and more recently growing and expanding with new brands covering more categories, including urban, gravel, BMX, road, adventure and hartail MTB. In addition to this we have a footwear and also a protection brand, so if you are looking for variety this could be the role for you.
As a product designer/manager with experience you will be able to hit the ground running and work on new product designs with sketches and CAD drawings. As your design develops your knowledge and experience will allow you to manage the product through to its release onto the market.
Above all we’re looking for someone who posses a creative ability in developing ideas and problem solving, but combined with the knowledge and experience to see the product through to production. This role would suit someone who likes to take ownership of his or her work, and is naturally very organized. With so many brands and products the workflow is varied and fast, so you need to be able to flick between tasks easily. You will work in a close team of graphic and product designers so a friendly and open personality is a must.
- Generate original design concepts.
- Communicate ideas through quick sketches.
- Develop ideas into 3D CAD designs.
- An understanding of materials and manufacturing techniques
- Maintaining a controlled overview of the development of multiple products
- Communicate clearly with manufacturers
- Assess and confirm detail drawings for manufacture
- 3D CAD software, ideally Solidworks
- Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- Microsoft office
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Cover letter
2. Portfolio link
3. Resume with salary requirements/history